| The RS-2 Emerger has been very effective this fall, especially at Island Ford. We recommend tying them in sizes #18 - #22.|
Hook: TMC 101, TMC 100 or similar
Thread: Black 8/0 or 14/0
Tail: Two dark dun Microfibetts tied split
Abdomen: Natural beaver or muskrat
Thorax: Natural beaver or muskrat
Wing: Dun or gray fluff from the base of a pheasant feather,or from a brown or dun saddle hackle or olice CDC
1. Tie in tail of two Microfibetts. Attach one on the far side of the hook with a loose wrap or two and then add one on the near side tnd make one wrap under both splitting them. The tail should be a one to one and a half of the shank length. Measure the tail length a take three tight wraps at tie in point. Clip access.
2. Dub a very sparse layer of natural beaver to the thread. Do not use dubbing wax.
3. Wrap a slender abdomen of dubbed thread forward about 2/3s of the shank length.
4. Tie in the wing ahead of the abdomen with tight turns of thread with the tips facing rearward.
5. Complete the dubbed thorax to behind the eye and whip finish.
6. Pull the wing straight up and trim at an angle at the length of the abdomen.